- Malvern, PA, USA
- Full Time
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director of Product Development and Production, this position is responsible supervising and managing an automotive paint booth facility with a staff of 10+ employees. The Production Manager will be responsible for employee safety, product quality and quantity, personnel, and cost control. This position is also responsible for all aspects of production planning including production scheduling, inventory management and control, labor, and capacity planning.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strong process improvement skills, enhancing work flow within department
- Works to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the facility.
- Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour and scheduling requirements
- Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops and ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records as required.
- Support product development initiatives
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
III. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other related duties/projects as assigned by manager.
IV. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE (Special skills, knowledge of machines, procedures, etc.)
- Working knowledge of various computer programs and software.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Ability to write reports, and business correspondence.
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: At least 3 to 5 years quality experience in a production related environment.
- Analytical, time management, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
VI. JOB REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Visual and hearing capability.
- Ability to calculate math.
- Ability to sit and stand for long prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to maintain attendance as defined by company policy.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate general office equipment i.e. fax machine, photocopier, computer printer stationed between 3 & 4 feet high.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!