- Information Technology
- Malvern, PA, USA
- Full Time
Turn5, Inc., an e-commerce leader in aftermarket automotive parts, is currently seeking an IT Manager to join our IT Support team. This role will report directly to the Director of IT & Back-end Development and provides day-to-day leadership to the support team responsible for maintenance of the computers, software, and network infrastructure which provide core business functionality to the back-office staff.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in providing support to users across multiple communication channels, Windows & Linux server administration, networking concepts as they apply to a network spanning multiple locations, enterprise storage, hybrid PRI/VoIP phone systems, team leadership, and possesses the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Plan and run regular system maintenance (software updates, hardware install/migration, etc.) with minimal impact on business operations.
- Identify areas for improvement in departmental processes & in systems/network configuration based on user ineraction and/or system monitoring, come up with ideas for improvement, generate plans, implement, and follow up to gauge the success of the change.
- Act as a second line of desktop support for issue escalation and to assist the help desk as needed in order to meet service level obligations.
- Determine appropriate work schedules (including off-hours as required) for the IT Support Team to meet assigned project deadlines and to ensure that user needs are met.
- Provide clear and constructive communication when working with users with varying levels of technical abilities to arrive at an understanding of the direction needed and the best way to acheieve the user's goals.
In addition to a minimum of 1 year of team leadership experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study, 3-5 years of experience with the following technologies is required:
- Windows clients & servers with Active Directory & Group Policy
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- VMWare vSphere in a High-Availability environment
- On-site and/or hosted PBX systems using a mix of physical and VoIP telephony, preferably to serve a customer support call center
- Network configuration (with VLANs) for multiple subnets using L3 switches and/or dedicated routers
Experience with administering Mac OS systems, Microsoft SQL Server, Enterprise SAN & NAS storage, Citrix XenApp, Quickbooks, ERP, CRM, demand forecasting and warehouse management systems are a plus but not required at the time of hire. The individual will be expected to become proficient in the items listed above through a mix of on-the-job experience and self-training.